Tuesday, February 9, 2010

185

The day when I understood I am having/going through/experiencing a culture shock. Finally. It happened.
185 days I am in Latvia- in the heart of Baltics as this country is usually described. The country that sings. The country that I cannot describe just because I cannot find an accurate word to fix it in my memory.
Do not remember that theoretical stuff about Cultural shock, but there is a phase where you start disliking the environment you are living in, and it is one of the most unpleasant and mb painful ones. I think I have just stepped into this phase.
It's not funny at all as I really really hate when I dislike something, because if I sense I really really dislike something- I change it! However, here are some things I can't - yes, I simply cannot- change! And I don't know what to do: sit and patiently wait when this shock is over, or go and change things. I prefer changes to silence. But not in my current case.
...The only good side I see about this shock is that I understand: it happens with everyone who lives in another country for some time. My first shock was when I returned to Kazakhstan after a short summer vacation in India. That was very much painful: being at home and facing alien feelings. Well, at least I had my family nearby who, not knowing what I felt, always were there for me. Here I don't have anyone I could talk to. Face to face, I mean. I've had chats in a row with my close friends. We still believe Universe DOES exist :) Because I've been thinking about them, they've been too last week. And we randomly start skyping with each other. And I feel relieved.

Thank you.

No comments: