Monday, February 22, 2010

What Really Matters?

Another week has just faded away with a final question: What Really Matters in Life?
The Week has been vague: so many things to do, so many people to talk to silently, clock is ticking and I am trying to reach unattainable/abstract/inanimate.
The Week has been quite difficult, unspeakable, allien, dry.
The Week has been cold.
The Week has finished with a fantastic self comprehension!
The Week has turned out to be more productive in its second half.
The "Not-Understandable-Week" has been just good.
Fabulous highlights of this week:
- My Mum's B'day! I'm the happiest child because I have a wonderful supportive lifetime friend, my mum. The tenderest woman that knows me better than I do, the smartest mother who can predict 10 steps in advance in my decision, breath taking beautiful woman who had become my life story, the best mother who has always given me a choice to make in any decision I have taken so far. I wish the world is full of such mothers more and more!
- I am going to St Petesburg- aka St Pete or Piter- to facilitate at Regional Exchange Conference. Amazingly, but I will meet with current Local Committee Presidents (LCPs) and Member Committe Vice Presidents (MC VPs) of AIESEC in Russia whom I met in 2008 at ProMS Russia National Conference. I am happy that I am going to another conference in another country! Plus, I will meet some of my friends there whom I wanted to see very much! Double plus it is St Pete!
- Design of the spring Trainer the Trainers National conference in AIESEC in Latvia is exciting: I have some cool ideas, I have almost selected the trainers for this inspiring learning event for mid April 2010. Unfortunately, 2 trainers whom I desperately wanted to bring to AIESEC Latvia won't come- time, money and time :( Keep searching, dear :)
- Another exciting AIESEC Baltic conference SYNERGY will be right after I return from St Pete. Lovely Baltic delegates, a site which I suppose will become my "favourite place at Lithuanian conferences" :)
- Lina is back :) Malaysian adventures, astonishing pictures, smell of freedom- oh, just a super duper vacation for Lina! So happy for her!
- Trying to catch the time, I am reading 3 books parallely. And I become proud of myself because I also apply the knowledge I gain from these books. Aha, this is the way I am- modest and honest :)
- Have become more thoughtful this week: there is an old lady that every morning or afternoon cleans the streets, the paths away from heavy snow. Every day. Snow keeps falling down every day making the traffic slower and loading this old lady's day. But even these tons of snow do not stop her. She is persisent, dedicated and pushy. I am amazed!
- I can't believe I can be super productive when it needs to be! This week whole AIESEC world had been watching Global Leaders Summit (GLS) or International Presidents' Meeting (IPM) in Tunisia where we have (s)elected our President of AIESEC International (PAI) for 2010-11 Hugo Pereira. One of the most terrific things AIESEC International is doing this year is connecting the whole network with International Congresses virtually, giving the voice to the youth and yes, letting virtual delegates to dance quick- moving AIESEC dances :) So a lot of work had to be done before IPM, and here in our loveliest TMU: GEN 2010 team we have been working this week like hell! Seriously, we have gone the extra mile, but we did it! Of course, it is too early to talk about achievements, but we really have done a very good job! TeaM, I am really proud of us! Additionally, another subteam in our TMU is already celebrating our first fruits of success :) At IPM Leadership Development Programme has been launched. Well, when we have been working on its draft during our physical meeting in Rotterdam we sometimes felt insane; I just cannot describe all emotions that we have experienced that time. Unforgettable team experience!
- Deciding what is good in life: to stay oneself and not wear different masks for different life shows, or to lie to the audience and pretend. Life is just a long term performance, a circus, an entertainment. Want to say I'm mistaken? Please answer then when you look into the mirror whom do you see there?
- To conclude, the week has showed me the answer to my personal question: Do I need a mentor? Maybe I need, but already not so desperately as it sounded so some time ago. I still can control the situation and my life. Sounds pretty much convincing. Let's see how it goes next week.

No comments: