Monday, February 15, 2010

Are you rich?

I have missed Sunday today. My Sun with its cozy morning, winter afternoon and warm blanket evening. Sun that is only mine. =(
Every day we are given $86, 400 in the Time bank. However, some people are smart and efficiently use this resource. Others, like me for instance, are not careful with it .
However, even if I worked whole day today I do not consider it as a waste of time. This is why:
- The article my friend shared with me reassured me there are lots of people in the world who ask the same questions as I do about our Universe.
- It's a Valentine's day ( Happy Valentine to everyone who celebrates it!), a new modern occasion in the societies of non-Western countries. For instance, here in Latvia people do not celebrate it everywhere. In comparison, the Kazakhstani society marks this day in all public places: flowers, chocolates, places in cafes/restaurants, etc are overpriced, you meet happy girls with flowers in hands whereas other girls are jealous and complain that they hate this day ( poor ones!), guys pick up girls for a date or also say they hate this day and do not understand why it gets an incredible attention from mass media. Surprisingly, I read today one note with a quite loud claim: we should not celebrate Valentine's day in Kazakhstan as it provokes premarital relations that lead to immorality in the society, and what's more it is not written in Islam! I apologise but Kazakhstan does not insist on practising only one religion. Moreover, it is clearly stated in the Constitution, and the government, Assembly of Peoples in Kazakhstan support every other religion, culture and is given a voice to second various initiatives regarding questions related to their activities. So I completely disagree when I hear that we are an Islamic country (especially from locals). It does not mean that I am against Islam; what it means is that I am for a free society. Once you open the borders- geographical, mental, etc- you can't stop information flow that influences people's minds.
- My favourite band Coldplay disappointed me today: majority of their lyrics are desperate. But I still love them. Especially Trouble in a Latino style and Gravity.
- My workload in the next 3 months slightly changes my year plan :D
- At least I have answered one question out of 3 I had for myself this week. The questions are:
1. What am I best at? (Not good, not ok, but BEST!)
2. What am I deeply passionate about? (This question is rather difficult for me as I know what I am passionate about. But as this question correlates with 2 other questions it challenges my mind. I even feel I will go crazy if I do not define the PASSION :)
3. What is my economic engine? (Oh, another difficult question. I haven't had a chance to think of it in details)
- Finally, I am back to my normal healthy condition: mind is clear, will is identified, and love to life springs in all directions.

Viva la vida!

4 comments:

double_why said...

As I understand, you asking yourself 3 questions in a week?

Assel said...

well, usually I ask more. but by the end of the week I need to define what's my burning question as (here you go) a) an ordinary girl; b)a teacher (I am still proud of my noble profession :); c) Leader; d)the youngest in my family; etc etc etc
Sometimes, it's easy to find the answer. Sometimes I need to go hundreds of miles to find THE answer. It's like a never ending cruise- the ocean seems endless and you are still not satisfied with the view.
What about you? Haven't heard a piece of news from you so far ( except news in "The" newspaper :)

double_why said...

Your practice reminds me Steven Covey's questioning from 7 habits book. You are smart girl, I think you read it =)

yes, it's ocean of answers and you need to find the right one. I prefer to ask only 5 times. One question and five why. Last answer is default answer to a question.

haha, approve me in GTalk =)

Assel said...

To be honest, I haven't read Stephen Covey. No, I haven't read it until now- I have just started it this week. But these 3 questions came from the book Good to Great by Jim Collins. Recommend to read it. Though I have not finished it.
I'll add you to Gtalk, just need to know your account :)
You know where to catch me except for Gtalk :)