Sunday, January 3, 2010

First text message in 2010


Hurraaayyyy!
Now we can officially say, We are in 2010!
Another decade after Millenium has passed, and people tend to analyse their lives from 2000s up to today. I thought of it for a while, and definitely there were some tremendous changes in my personality, in my views on life, in my place of living as well as its standards, etc, etc, etc. It is an endless writing I could have submitted here if I would have needed it to.
However, there is an old "tradition" all folks do- New Year resolutions. The fashionable way of a human being to promise himself that he will become better, smarter, healthier, kinder, or the opposite of all these in the upcoming year. Way of life which I could never understood up to now. No, really, for me it makes no sense, whereas for others it might be a path they want to follow every year. And I have no objections towards resolutions people all around the globe make on New Year's Eve. Who knows, maybe my wishes that I write on a piece of paper, burn it and then drink it with first sips of champagne on Jan 1 can be called NY resolutions too.

Surprisingly, last year in Dec (already last year- My God!) I had no idea what I should wish for myself. Really, I was perceiving the world as the playground. The playground that I could enter and exit at any time, and anything I wanted in life I could reach. This world perception had existed for a few years, though of course I had life situations when I just did not get what I wanted. Was I disappointed? Obviously, yes. Especially, when I was a school girl, and due to different misperceptions from some of my teachers I just would not get the most desirable mark, for instance. Of course this childish example is an innocent or a silly one, but it just reminded me how persistent and inner strong I have been, and I would do anything possible and impossible to reach the stars, to get what I deserved and to strenghten my life esteem.

Though I have always considered myself as a quite strong personality, life or God really loves me. Loves me and proves me how wrong I am!!! I am just ordinary weak and simple but ambitious stubborn and mixed. So stubborn that only yesterday I finally pictured of what my 2010 should look like. "Should" meaning that I want it to be so, and I will proceed from one step to another until I say on Dec 31, 2010 "Yes! 2010 has been an awesome, rich and amazingly beautiful year! 2011 will be more exciting, more adventurous and much livelier! And 2012 is just another year that will bring me closer to realising one of my first "grounded" dreams- my own business in an Education field!"

Right now I want to fix the resources that helped me to picture my 2010.

Firstly, my current job- acting as one of the elements of an international student run organisation and leading it together with other thousands of open-minded young smart free from dogmas people is an amasing experience a person can have in his entire life! It enriches you daily, even if you do not notice it, it does ENRICH you tremendously. People! They are my passion! On Dec 30, 2009 a long awaited thought finally clicked my lazy brain- I will join those more than 8, 000 people that went on exchange in 2009, and will have my AIESEC internship in 2010. Yes, this year I will try the product that I sell in AIESEC. And I am damn happy about my decision. Thank you, thank you, thank you whoever/whatsoever helped me felt it rushing through my veins and my warm body on a cold day in Riga!
Secondly, last Dec weeks were a complete laziness in my life. I don't feel ashamed for this as that time fulfilled me; and even if I did not do anything significant, I completed an important task for myself: prolonged my sleeping hours, increased my chatting minutes with my old friends, had festive occasions like Christmas for the first time in my life, etc. Special thanks goes to my Erzhik friend- you really affected me, inspired with your lovable mood, and let me remember how love is important in life.

Thirdly and up-to-date, is the powerful women whom I love for their unique charisma, artistic view on life, and driving music they produce. These are Shakira and Alicia Keys whose I am a big fan of. I was so much overwhelmed with positive emotions yesterday and today, when I again re-discovered these great singers, dancers, song-writers and philanthropists for myself!

So, catching up last inspirations and asking myself "What am I ready to do more in 2010 that will polish me as a responsible leader, as a weak girl with her ordinary dreams, as an ambitious generation Z, as a young and free in soul world citizen, as a any person in the world who loves dreaming and flying, as a caring energetic mother in the future, and finally as a daring person who is not afraid to fail?" And I am ready with the answer:

I officially promise to myself that in 2010 I will work much harder than before, and I will complain on life less than I used to.
...Because I am a Superwoman. And I know it.

P.S. and next Christmas I want to meet at Rockfeller Plaza in NYC






1 comment:

double_why said...

Happy New Year, Assel!

Прочитал твой пост, хочу пожелать тебе звериной хватки и тигриного сердца в этом году!

Магия круга, сталь кулаков
Крики, эмоции, стрелы слов.
Ты готов биться как бьется тигр?
Быть в эпицентре всех этих игр!
(с) Big Black Boots