Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feel it like it's yours

Hey there!
Today I had a very very good day in January! And you know why? I myself made my day!
This week I got sick: temperature, sneeze, body This week I was balancing between a sleep/food/laughter on time. Here in AIESEC Latvia we are done with the National Conference 2010, Local Committees are on track with their activities, my lovely TMU and cool sub team GEN 2010 gradually gets its people back on board. Good signs. Another good sign was that my MC left for different purposed to Finland and Lithuania: Liza went to Tampere for her MC Finland elections ( btw, Heini, another TM girl is MCPelect!!) and Jake is at Dare conference in Lithuania ( and another TM, Zydrune is MCPelect!!! Yohoooo!) So I am staying this week by myself in our Soviet style apartment and taking different remedies to get back to healthy life style. Good sign :)
My day is going so far so good. I woke up with a thought "This day is mine. Only mine" Sounds a bit selfish, but it is true :) So, what did I do to make this day MINE?
* I cleaned the apartment and fulfilled it with my very warm feelings- when somebody needs some human warmth, this somebody looks for another somebody to have a true hug, to feel some love, to see that (s)he is alive. I thought that we (MC) forgot about the place we live in, and just wanted to make our living place a bit pleasant :)
** I cleaned my soul- I laughed at everything I have done so far in life that was meant as "The smartest thing ever". I am not the God, I am just a human being. So, I keep on laughing in life, and I am happy I am able to do this often: I do not fall in a gloomy mood even if I see a very difficult task ahead.
*** I danced a lot- last time I really went clubbing was in autumn 2009 in Riga with Lina and Juraite, and Erik. Then we had some fun in Rotterdam with TMU guys. Last weekend I "partied" a bit at NatCo. That's it. Boring. So, I changed my attitude, and danced today at home. I felt really really GOOD! Now waiting for Lina and February, and we will dance a lot somewhere in the city centre :) Feel excited!
**** I watched very very good videos about life on Earth, about life in Kazakhstan, and a few TV shows. A few of these videos made me think: I forgot that daily we face global warming. So, what today I could do to help the Earth a bit? I bought food today which does not need to stay a lot in the fridge- so I can turn off the fridge; and food that does not necessarily need to be cooked- so I do not use gas oven. I turn off all plugs that I do not use: my laptop can work on its battery for min 2 hours ( 1 hour is ~ 0.2Wt). It is just minimum I could do today in the evening. What else I can do tomorrow?
Another video made me re-look at my behaviour, or my reactions towards different events in my life. For instance, National Conference in AIESEC Latvia. One of the 'objectives' of this conference was to elect next President for the organisation in Latvia. Deadline for application was Jan 11, and on Jan 10 I decided that I would apply. Oh, do not ask me how this decision came- it's been a "boring+interesting" wave within me that faced me with a question: Why do I want to lead AIESEC in Latvia in 2010-2011? Result: I was not elected :) Yes, I am smiling to this sentence. Why? Because I feel how I have grown up, and I have a secret feeling why I can smile to this decision made by members of Latvia last weekend.
So, coming back at whom I want to see in the mirror when I think I am doing right/wrong thing: it sounds as if this sentence lacks the word WE but I ...
Feeling just happy. Even if I have no one close to me now to share these happy feelings. Happy and in love with life...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that's really great. I liked the experience you shared with us. I must say I got inspiration from you and as tomorrow is sunday i"ll also try to make my day. And of course I"ll clean my apartment and soul as you did. :-)
Army ration Packs

double_why said...

Судя по этой зиме, глобальное потепление отменяется =)

Assel said...

отменяется по полной программе. вот и сейчас тут столько снега падает. а ведь до весны 8 дней!