Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Before I take off

So, home in a few hours :)
Mountains' view from a plane, a sleepy Almaty, rising sun, familiar Kazakh and Russian conversations, my blue passport, the best brother, calls and non stop talks about how I feel and if I changed, and many more...

I have not been home for almost a year.

I have a slight idea of what my home is now- I believe my home is where my heart is.

I am amused and pleased to hear my old friends' calls and emails about my return. They are incredible! Yesterday, for instance, I got 2 fantastic gifts from 2 people: a book that I wanted to read long time ago, that projects my favourite field of work I see myself in the future; and a massive external storage for my e-docs/books/etc. Funny to say about these gifts but they are just on time :) Thank you, guys!

Moscow... Indescribable for me at this moment. It is not my first time here though. Is something missing to make a Moscow trip memorable? I have everything here I wish to: my close friend, the sun and beautiful parks, fountains, pancakes with a strawberry jam. There is only one thing that makes me shiver: Moscow subways. First of all, they are the most confusing in comparison to others I've been to ( even St Petersburg metros are simple!). Second and the most overwhelming are images from recent video news on terrorist attacks. It may sound silly but I am having these images in my mind every time I take a metro to go somewhere in Moscow. Lastly, Moscow traffic makes me tremble too! Living for a long time in a quiet small Riga taught me that I can "enjoy" ( so to say ) getting a public transport: when drivers and pedestrians obey the rules, when people do not push each other, and you barely hear a very bad language.

Here I feel as if I am on another planet. I felt it straight away when I arrived a few days ago. But now I am thinking: have I really felt that way or I have just exaggerated a situation? Maybe these emotions come because I did not want to return to my local reality so fast?

I still do not know what I will see in Almaty; however, I know what to expect, and I would be more than happy if I am wrong.

A few additions I would like to document for 2009-2010:

- Best songs for me this year
David Guetta Delirious
Natalie Imbruglia Counting Down The Days
Snow Patrol Just Say Yes
Nelly Furtado Manos Al Aire
Iron and Wine Cinders and Smoke
Jason Mraz I'm Yours , Lucky
BEP Bebot
Natasha Bedingfield Pocket Full of Sunshine
John Lennon Love

The String Quartet Tribute- all tunes
Shakira- all songs
Alicia Keys- all songs
Coldplay - all songs
Madonna- all songs
The Beatles - all songs
Spice Girls Viva Forever - a song for all times

( Do not look for a meaning; the tunes are just beautiful, that's why I admire these artists )

The Best Books for me this year
Jim Collins Good To Great
The McKinsey Way
Muhammad Yunus Creating a World Without Poverty. Social Business and the Future of Capitalism
What Matters Now
Claude Hopkins My Life in Advertising

The Best Videos for me this year

The Best Discovery for me this year
Say NO to say YES!

The Best Weakness this year
Sleeping hours :)

The Best Strength this year
"Can Do" Attitude

The Best Moment this year
Every Single Moment I live

The Best Feature I love
An inner smile

Here I am closing my 1st life chapter of adventures, happiness, surprises, A-ha! moments, trips, friends, love, care, LIFE before entering a big nomadic country Kazakhstan. I am not planning to blog later for some time. There are some personal reasons and www.blogpost.com is banned in the country.

With love,
Assel

No comments: