Saturday, August 22, 2009

Run Assel, RUN!




My dear friends, how many of you think everyday of life? Values? Time? Relations? Experiments?

A day ago I have woken up with a thought springing in my head insistently: I do not want to lose even a single moment of my life unwisely!!! I am afraid I won't be on time to deliver all desirable and non-desirable (yet) steps, activities, actions, friendships, crazy events. Who knows, maybe my non-stop international experience urges me do this but this thought splashes its water drops in every corner of my head.
Therefore, I didn't even think too much when I had the opportunity to join 5,000 people tonight in Riga in the city race. Is it difficult: to run 4,5km with lots of people (5,000!) and have FUN, JOY, HAPPINESS, SMILE, ENERGY, PHOTOS :) , SWEET MEMORIES??? Even though my new Riga friends didn't/couldn't join me, I was excited to re-open Riga again and again while RUNNING!!! I felt like I was in another world. This is something I have felt at Global Villages during AIESEC International Conferences: when you are truly united by spirit, by common values, by similar experiences, by one vision with many people from diverse backgrounds, diferent countries, various age-groups. But I/you/he/she/we feel we are one unit in the world. In our world. So these similar feelings have fulfilled my inner mind, my tired body after a hectic office day; I have enriched myself tremendously and will always remember Riga race!











































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Assel,

I am glad that you are enjoying your work and life in Latvia. Your posts are inspiring! Keep up your amazing spirit! Zeinab