Thursday, August 27, 2009

August RUSH!

August rush.
Indeed.
Every day.
Every moment.
Every second.
It is my 18th day in Riga and it is 3.27 in the morning :) (yes, yes, I am countng days. why? no idea. I just like it.)
I am living an exciting period in Aug 2009- Autumn Member Recruitment into AIESEC Latvia. At one point it seems not so much hectic as I would expect. But if you compare it to the lack of some key resources, you start feeling it kind of challenging at some point. For instance, it is a reality that people leave here for summer holidays; but then complete work stops for summer you may wonder, right? Well, hopefully we have some responsible AIESECers who actually activate leadership and we hand-in-hand build action plan, implement it, and I am patiently waiting for the results to appear.
I sometimes get surprised or just curious of how patient I have become. It is also becoming a discovery for me. Discovery that I quickly need to identify, solve it out and use it wisely. For the purpose that the better I know myself, the better results I can bring for the society, for the work itself and for myself. The rest that is left to define is the time framework: How long discovery will take me to see its logical end? Or there is no end? :) I suppose so.
Leadership.
Acting sustainably.
Back to my work, to Recruitment 2009. I mentioned that we are currently lacking of some key resources that sometimes they may demotivate people and slow down the work pace. You know, I think opposite. Having less resources pushes our brains to work, to brainstorm creative ideas, to give a birth to leadership and to build the first bricks of self confidence. These small fast moments I have witnesses yesterday. I was having a meeting with one of our LCPs (Local Committee Presidents) and listening to her understanding of AIESEC, to our organizational identity in her words and I actually was happy. I would compare that meeting to one of my sweetest working experiences: to teaching. When I see how a kid shining from his first results achieved by him, I am happy. I was happy seeing Karina explaining to me her point of view on Recruitment '09 features. I was simply happy. And this happiness gives me more strength, more courage, more meaning I am at the right place with right people. Finally I am building my long term team experience that I was dreaming of since Aug 2008. It took me a year to put my dream into action. good enough, ugh? ;)
Network.
Close friends.
People development.
Another flash of this day is a long awaiting meeting with my Lithuanian friend Lina B.
Briefly: she has been LCP Kaunas 2006-07 (if I am not mistaken), OCP (Organizing Committee President) of EuroCo '07, and we were together in ENERGY '08 FACI team.
An evening we spent in an open air bar/cafe was splendid!!! A live music by a Latvian band (and favourite songs in English and new songs in Latvian for me :) , a chilly weather, a cup of Latte and sweet memories, sharing stories, easy laughter and again this feeling: I am happy. I am at the right place. I have great friends near me. I found what I was looking for. I am happy for what this environment gives me, and I am happy to share my experience and skills with this environment. Simply: give and take :)
... Friends' B'days: So many friends of mine were born in Aug: I am checking my accounts at different social web-sites to send warm greetings to my GREAT! friends and to be updated about their life streams. I have another friend who is celebrating her Bday tomorrow (well, actually it is today since it is already morning of Aug 27 :) - Liza, my MC mate, my roommate, my colleague and friend again. Liza, I wish you to have a big success in your life and in our MC term =) As you are one of the fantastic elements of our small but courageous team :) we will achieve success. I believe in it!
P.S. so you might ask: 4 in the morning and I am blogging? No, I was preparing a functional meeting agenda on Talent Management for my VP TMs (Vice President Talent Management) =)

1 comment:

Deniss Rutseikov Ojastu said...

Hope you are doing well with the recruitment, Assel!

...and enjoying Baltic weather ;)