Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Never say never to yourself

It’s been 4 months already of my legal preparations in moving to Latvia. 120 days of happiness, of nerves and stress, of tears and fears, of worries and sleepless nights, of praying and believing… 2880 hours of preparing all the documents and waiting for them to arrive from different places like Ministers of Justice, of Health care, of Education and Science, etc. 172 800 minutes of moving from Almaty to Astana, from Astana to Ust Kamenogorsk, and I hope finally moving from Ust to Astana, and then to Moscow and to Riga. 2 spring months and 2 summer month of spending with lots of people that were meant to be in my life in different times- my family, my school mates and my close group mates, my best room mates from University years and my past colleagues, my present school colleagues and my Leader friends, my AIESEC Kaz friends and other international AIESEC friends, my directors in the past and present, my children and just random people. All these people were meant to be my friends as we have found something common in us, and we have learnt some invaluable things in life.
I now pray for God’s help and soon positive solution of my situation of being here in Kaz to moving to AIESEC Latvia, and actually starting officially my MC term.

Still, during these 3 moths I have learnt some things I will carry out through all my life.
· Be confident. When you are confident, everyone sees it. It shines in your eyes, it is visible in your step, and it makes you achieve little things that will bring big change.
· Be informative. Manage your resources to be up-to-dated, and control the situation for your own good.
· Be knowledgeable. Read interesting books, autobiographies, watch news, analytical programs to enrich yourself.
· Be in touch. People you have attached yourself to once care for you, and need to know how your life goes on. Don’t close your doors for them.
· Be emotional. Laugh when you want to laugh, cry when you want to cry, think when you need to think, jump when you feel it!
· Be positive. Create your positive way of life, come back to your good moments in life, look through the pictures, send a message to your friends.
· Be alive! Life is life and it likes active people, not their shadows.
· Believe. “Believe in what you do. Do what you believe in”
· Smile. The best remedy is your smile. You think you have no reason to smile? You are deadly wrong!!!
· Have fun! Life is too short to waste it for the worst.
I am creating my own life path. Yes, it’s not only me. My parents and brother help me a lot in designing my own life. My closest friends and people whom I value a lot are the best lifelong teachers and role models for me. I feel I am changing my attitudes towards many things and people in interesting ways. I feel life. Sometimes I forget its stream; sometimes I think I don’t have it at all. But a few years ago one of the closest people that time said to me, “Life is beautiful!” And since that time I every time repeat his words: Life is beautiful!
Viva la Vida!

P.S. I was writing it when it was still unclear about my presence in Latvia. For some reasons I was not posting it for a bit of time. Fortunately, everything was solved out, and I can only smile back and be reassured once again: When you want something in your life so much desperately- just go and do it! Fight for it but make it happen!

No comments: