Monday, May 9, 2011

The Power of Belief


" John Stuart Mill once wrote, One person with a belief is equal to a force of ninety-nine who have only interests. That's precisely why beliefs open the door to excellence"
This sentence had stricken me today! I was dining in the office canteen feeling quite exhausted after the weekend trip to Trivandrum, Kerala and dying because of the Chennai heat. I impatiently took out the book I am reading now from my old reliable orange backpack, turned to page 55 and greedily swallowed the first paragraph. The eye opening sentence had reassured me that in times of turbulence we can
a) give up;
b) pause and lose momentum;
c) stay firm, keep believing in yourself and think positively.
The latter had highlighted my adventurous weekend in Kerala - I strongly believed in myself and I saw only happy moments of it. Said - done: it has been THE Weekend! I will share it with you dear readers in some time ( Love Hinglish :)

... For this weekend I am thankful to India ...
There will be stories for me to tell my grandchildren :)


1 comment:

Represent Latvia said...

Haaa... I think grandchildren will for sure appreciate it.. for hours, days and years, asking to repeat again and again! :))