Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Cycle

An intern's life is simply AWESOME!!!

I have been an intern during my University years, and that life was mainly about performing super well, proving my skills and learning a lot about my major studies in practice. That life has been super cool because of exceptional mentors I had who shared with me the beauties of a teacher's role as well as the university students made my 4-6 weeks of practice unbelievably amazing and challenging!

9 months I have been an intern in one of the leading Indian IT companies. Have travelled around India, visited beautiful Sri Lanka, dreamt about touring around South (East) Asia, met so many great great people and some parts of me are in hands of international friends in their home countries... Incredible!

Yesterday I celebrated my engagement with India. I was sitting in a rickshaw, going today for a German friend's farewell and thinking about my 9 months' life. What has been and has not, where I have been and have not yet, what I have gone through and what is still there awaiting for me, what kind of person I have become... So many events happened for the past 9 months... I cannot measure them, I cannot describe them piece by piece, sometimes I cannot bear all happiness at one and the same moment.

One thing that I would like to share is that I became such a proactive learner at my internship in India. I have definitely learnt some invaluable lessons of life in my previous experiences. But somehow Indianness stands out of the crowd so far. Today I have heard a lot of negative thoughts, emotions and simply bitching from a few people and it got me thinking. What can this person do? What action shall he take? If he asks for a help, shall I help? How?

It is always easy to complain, I used to think. I used to think that I prefer to be a part of the solution rather than a part of the problem. I feel I still tend to think in this way. So today I was thinking whether to leave the person dealing with his problems who tends to be a part of the problem, or to help him by at least listening and help him grow.

Another moment that closed my day was friend's farewell. This is intern's lifestyle: people come, people leave. You easily or through pains connect with new homo sapiens, they enter your life, they shape you and your tastes, they are a part of your Indianness, they are a part of your learning and maturity, they are a part of you... You are them, they are you. And then they leave. And you cannot do anything but hope you will meet one day in this beautiful world. Next future moments will always be different, but it does not mean they will be bad. On the contrary, actually.

... One more close friend's farewell is in a few days... The person who has been here always for me - all these 9 months and a few more days...

Unbelievable intern's life in India... Unbelievably cool people do live on this planet. They are called the children of the sun.

No comments: