Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Honeymoon


"Well, I am glad to hear you are doing great. I can hear it in your voice. And your pictures - well, they tell everything about you now. You love your life in India ..."

Well, yes, I love my life. Anywhere in the world. In India I found another meaning of life. I assume I will find more meanings of life and love while my staying here.

I don't know what to begin with. I have spent 6 1/2 months in India, and I don't know how many months I will spend more. I don't want to measure my life by days or months. Simply because at one point I do not measure it. Or sometimes, there are some breathtaking moments I encounter that make my life brighter, stronger, tougher, full of compassion and love...

Compassion. Last weekend I spent in Trivandrum, Kerala. It is in the very south in India. As soon as I got off from a plane I felt a high level of humidity and I smiled. This is that India I have discovered first time for myself when I was on a vacation 2 years back. Humid noisy colourful spicy India. I fell in love with it that time. That is why I decided to come back. I did not know that time what real India is. I do not know it even now after regular travels I keep going to, after working with Indian people in one of the leading IT companies, after researching the country ...

I have discovered a very compassionate India for myself. I am learning how I can be compassionate. It is sometimes hard. It is sometimes painful. It is sometimes graceful. Fearless. Tearing apart. Putting me down on my knees. But at the end of a day I know I need to stand up and keep walking. I know I can give a hand to those around me. Even when it feels uncomfortable. Even when I am about to cry. And then I feel as if I have cried out all my tears in the beginning of my Indian journey...

It is my Honeymoon in India. It is time when I am absolutely in LOVE with India.

No comments: