Saturday, December 5, 2009

What it feels like for a girl

118 th day in Latvia.
1st day in the capital of Europe.
1st feelings of being home in Brussels, Belgium.
Don't care if the feelings are true only the first seconds. They will last forever.
I am being true to myself, and I am being immensely happy a whole day: first, early morning till noon in Riga with AIESEC Riga members, who have organised Lotus Conference on Digital Marketing. Though I have attended only one lecture in the morning, I can say that it was a good introduction for the project. Minutes I spent during coffee break with Organising Committee team- our beloved autumn members- were full of jokes, good mood and excitement that bubbled in me. Then I headed off to the Riga airport for my Riga-Brussels flight, and of course I had "adventures" - I usually do not travel with some slight problematic situations that make me being stressed, nervous that I will be late for the flight. On one hand, it is boring if I do not create these "problems" for myself, and add some adrenaline. On the other hand, what is the point to be stressed? Count the minutes for being happy, even if you are afraid to be late. (Sounds very weird. But it sometimes works for me :)
Fortunately, I managed quickly and a bit risky to solve my "problems" on the way, and at 2.30pm the plane took off, I waved to Latvian land Bye for 10 days, and said Hi! Welcome to Brussels! in 2 hours after.
I am having the sweetest time here today. I met for 100th time AIESEC Belgium of 1970s Alumni, AIESEC Ukraine 2000s Alumni. Interesting conversations during our dinner alltogether. Then, Sasha, AIESEC in Ukraine Alumni introduced to me the European capital. Probably here I need to stress on the importance of this "introduction". It was not a typical sightseeing outdoor event that I previously did myself for others in Kazakhstan - AIESEC interns, internationals, colleagues- or had received from others in India, in Romania, in Lithuania, in Latvia, in Estonia, in Russia, in Ukraine. It has been haunting, captivating, hillarious, amazing, informative, friendly, encouraging, authentic!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away.
P.S. The pictures will be soon uploaded and link will provided here :)
And thank you Sasha for 1st Brussels evening!

3 comments:

Ainur said...

Always glad to read your notes and impressions on what's going on in your life.They give me energy to get up and start doing something :)
I'm happy to see that you are happy. So maybe AI someday? ;)

Ainur said...

If you are wondering who wtote that - it's me Ainur Bakina :)

Assel said...

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wondered who it is, and I am sooooooo much happy you also do blogging!!!!!
AI- :) sounds very much promising for the person who has defined his path. I am still on my way to personal growth. This is why these trips, new people and events, and lots more should be a constant part of me life.