Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspired!

Many years ago I was striken by a thought: how do I want my children remember me? What education will I provide for them? How do I want them to behave? What values will I teach them? What my children will look like in 21st century?

And then I had bunch of thoughts, I was looking back at my parents and what they taught us, their kids ( and we are still kids for my Dad and Mum- my brother and I ). And I wanted different things, for instance, that my Mum would actually raise my first child, or at least assisst me a lot in this, and things like that.

But now I'm questioning myself: why do I need to teach my kids about life? Why don't they themselves discover it and learn from their successes and failures, from their steps into making the world a better place?

We, adults, often make things complicated than they are actually. Why not to try opposite action: kids teaching us how to live.

I recommend you to watch this TED talk Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids
Any comments? Let's discuss it, I'm interested to hear your opinions on this video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the thought of every paremt that my children should remember me with pride and respect. And every child thinks our parent should proud on us and say with pride "yes, that's my son/daughter"
Poor Cedit Loans