Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1+1 = infinity

The summer 2011 kicked off with travels. Tons of discoveries, FUNtastic moments, re-connections with friends I have not seen for a long time, and dancing with I love you, baby . Splendid!

Meanwhile, I was preparing for the ACE Conference. A plain thought of meeting all ACErs in the maximum city Mumbai in the beginning of July electrified me with a driving force, and I was getting online every time I had a chance to keep on working for it. The Conference team was a bunch of professionals: AIESEC did teach us a lot during our active years in AIESEC, and it was a big pleasure to work with such a dynamic flexible innovative team as the one that created the whole concept and fun.

Our Conference team was gender-balanced: current ACE coordinators- Feras, Iryna and Chinedu, Feras's successor, Magda ( lovely Polish! ) and Onur, one of the core idea-generators :) A truly international passionate team!

You know, when an opportunity comes to work with committed fun people I tend to jump not thinking too much of what investment of time and energy it will require for me. Just a plain thought excites me: creating new opportunities for somebody to see him/her shining and discovering while walking a leadership journey!

On June 21st I landed in Mumbai... I arrived at the same multi-opportunistic Mumbai like last year. This arrival was much more to the point: I knew the local language, I knew the routes, I felt more confident and the rickshaws could not rip me off. Right after landing I met with dear Mohamed in one of the coffee cafes, and some time later brave Oksana joined us. Delicious lunch of pasta, magnificent aromas in the cafe we stayed in and long awaited chats with old friends. What a marvellous day!

The next two weeks before the conference buzzed in the air I lived outstanding days with my friends in Powai, Mumbai. Feels like we all created a forgotten sense of home for each other. Dinners we cooked together and then laughter that would break Mumbai tiredness and madness, foolness we would play repeating 'Ba. Bu. My name is Babu" ( Babu in Hindi means something like Dude ), the care and love we would dedicate for each other ... The memories of those two touching my heart weeks have been precious!

Meanwhile, conference preparations cooked of the right ingredients of total dedication, passion, excellence, commitment and fun have energized the whole conference team day by day. A few of us were masters of wicked humor, and some others took notes of those jokes.

June 30th. Not a raining evening at all. ACErs keep arriving to the hotel. Old friends. New faces. Incredible excitement. Our first dinner altogether near the swimming pool. Indian food. Tons of meat that is immediately grabbed by hungry-for-meat ACErs. Yummy desserts. Shyness of somebody. A cautious eye of another one. Talents in engaging with a big crowd of people. Trust. Affection. Love. ACErs.

The next three days were like a roller- coaster. Too fast and too little.

I am extremely grateful to the ACE program for living such an incredible life in India. Grateful to the ACE Conference 2011 for walking a leadership journey together with my team and with the diverse 75 talents from 30 countries.

ACE Conference was a huge highlight of
- Love and Passion
- Commitment and Responsibility
- Creativity and Fun
- Purpose and Action
- Big Picture with tiny black dots
- Carpe Diem
- Confession and Acceptance
- Diversity and Unity
- Professionalism
- Leadership

If you are interested in the ACE program refer to the following links:



...When you love what you do and you do what you love, you create a room for absolute infinite happiness. I am grateful to a creative loud ACE Family that keeps growing and gets stronger day by day. Thank you all for an amazing opportunity to be a part of your lives! Thank you dear FACI team for all efforts you have put to highlight the most memorable moments of our life changing experience in the ACE programme!



3 comments:

Kovi said...

thanks dear for this post... enjoyed and felt every single sentence... what a wonderful experience it was!:)

Olga Trofymets said...

Hey Assel)Your blog is very interesting, send me a message on olga.trofymets@gmail.com, and if you would like to share your story - let's go ahead)

Unknown said...

Excellent site, It was pleasant to me. I would love to visit it again
Damp Away